Sunday, March 19, 2017

Chocolate Milk Pancakes

One of the best parts of having kids is getting to eat kid food again. I know seeing them meet milestones, accomplish things, build relationships, yada yada yada is going to be very special, but let's be real. Kid food is AWESOME.  We've already started ordering off the kid menu and our little babies are clearly nowhere near ready to eat chicken fingers. But I mean, the grilled cheeses, the hot dogs, the kids burgers, oh my!

This translates to home too. I envision a day in the future when I wake up on a Sunday and I need a project to keep my little busy bodies busy. For me, that project will probably always include some kind of cooking/baking. So this morning me and the babes had a wonderful mother/son cooking adventure with CHOCOLATE MILK pancakes. They were not helpful. But wow these are good, and pretty healthy because we used Dark Chocolate Almond Milk (um, have you had it? Even my husband can't stop drinking that stuff).  You guys, your kiddos will love these.

Recipe
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate milk (we used almond milk)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Heat a nonstick pan to medium. Coat with butter. Mix all pancake ingredients, and drop onto heated pan. Flip over when the top looks dry and a little bubbly. Cook until done. Add chocolate chips if you're feeling crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment