Monday, May 15, 2017

Easy Salmon Salad

I used to have 'fat pants' that I wore to work on Mondays. Literally every Monday, I wore my black Express wide leg trousers. I don't know if they were technically considered 'wide leg,' but I got them in a size larger than normal and there was something about their fit that left looooots of extra room for my weekend wine, ice cream, pizza, and cosmopolitans. FYI these pants are circa 2005, literally, so I don't know that you'll be able to find them now (in case you were looking).  I wore them just about every Monday until I was about 4 months pregnant with twins in 2016, when even my fat pants weren't forgiving enough. Yes, I wore the same pants on and off for over 10 years; the hem coming undone on the bottom was super sharp looking.

You see, when the weekend rolls around you guys, all bets are off. What bets am I talking about? I don't know.  But while I can eat and drink with discipline Monday through Thursday, I simply can't do it on the weekend. Nor do I want to. I loooove indulging. And I love food (duh). And I love wine. And I looooove salt. So when Monday rolls around, I simply don't fit into my normal pants. And then I spend the next couple of days cleaning up my mess. And THAT is what this post is about.  A nice healthy "clean" lunch/dinner/snack to get you back on track. 
PS. I use the word 'clean' lightly, as I'm fairly certain 'clean eating' doesn't include mayo. 

Recipe (for 2)
  • ~1.5 cups cooked salmon, chopped/shredded into large chunks (about 10-12 oz fillet)
  • Juice of 1 large lemon (about 2 tsp)
  • 3 teaspoons light mayo (or greek yogurt)
  • ~3 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
  • 3 tablespoons chopped pickle or celery
  • S&P to taste
Prepare the salmon as desired (gilled simply here without the sauce).  Chill. Chop/shred with a fork into large chunks. Mix in lemon juice, mayo, fresh dill, pickle and/or celery, and salt & pepper. I ate mine on some delicious seeded crackers, but on top of toast or just by itself would be great. Tastes so fresh and healthy! This is a perfect recipe when you have a little leftover salmon from a dinner out or if you chronically over cook for your family like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment